Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Which Nizo ?

  1. #1
    Cheung
    Guest Cheung's Avatar
    The Nizo seems to be a very good looking camera and I know that some of you rated the nizo as one of the best brand name for a super 8 camera.Which model is your favorite ?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    wyatt
    Guest wyatt's Avatar

    Post

    I own a Nizo 6056 and love it.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    is the 6056 the one that's known to be the quietest super 8 camera? practically noiseless, right? and it has a sync output? i think i'll try and find one. how much should i expect to pay? and what's the deal with the 4080? they look exactly the same...

    /matt

    [This message has been edited by mattias (edited October 24, 2001).]

  4. #4
    Cheung
    Guest Cheung's Avatar

    Post

    Nearly all the Nizos share similar design, it's hard to choose one . That's why I post this topic......

    ------------------

  5. #5
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    The 6080, 6056, and the 4080 are all Nizo's sound camera line, so they are all quiet. The difference between the 6080 and the 6056 is the zoom ratio. 6080 (and 4080) are 8-80 zoom. The 6056 is 8-56 zoom. The only difference between the 6080 and 4080 is that the 6080 can take 200 foot catridges, which are no longer available. I have the 4080 and it is very quiet. Especially in comparison to my Canon 1014E!

    Scott

    ------------------

  6. #6
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    Cheung,
    I hope you know of some better camera places than the used shops I wandered into in Kowloon. I went in asking about c-mount lenses and they finally dug up a 16mm Switar that I was somewhat interested in 'cause I thought I was about to get a good deal. HAH! They wanted something like $3500 HK. Forget that. I felt bad cause some owner type guy had to come down to open they storage area so if they had asked anything remotely reasonable I would have gotten it. But that's like almost $500US.
    I was then scared to ask what they wanted for the many super8 cameras in the glass case on the ouside of the store cause I figured I would just be wasting their time at that point. They did have some nicer stuff there collecting dust including a Nizo, but I think it was an 801. You'd think those places would be giving that stuff away since demand is so low in that area. I did buy a slide viewing lens out of guilt.
    I own 2 6080's and I think they're the bee's knees but if I knew about the 4080 I might've saved some cash for essentially the same camera.

    ------------------
    PRM

  7. #7
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheung:
    Nearly all the Nizos share similar design, it's hard to choose one . That's why I post this topic......

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    (Matt Pacini responds):
    This statement could be misleading.
    The 6080, 6056 and I think the 4080 are all dead quiet.
    However, I have an 801, and it is NOT quiet.
    Totally different design.
    So my guess is the ones that look like a 6080 are quiet, to put it simply, but the ones with the verticle handgrip are quite noisy. About as noisy as a Canon 1014XL-S, which is very noisy.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Cheung
    Guest Cheung's Avatar

    Post

    hey 8th man,
    I know that shop ! It's in tsim Sha tsui and
    the owner Mr. Chan is notorious for "reluctant to do business with anyone "!All the shops(and cameras, of course) in that building belong to him! Well....His shop seems to be the only one in Kowloon selling (or displaying)super 8 cameras and bolex ! He got one Nizo s801 and s800 but I don't think he will give them away cheap.Those shops are just his warehouse and museum.
    BTW, never buy cameras or photo equipment from shops in Tsim Sha Tsui !you will end up paying more.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •